Episode 4: Grammar – Fluency Patterns

Lingual Net: Listen to Learn Community Super Learner Fluency Course Module 7: Education Episode 4: Grammar – Fluency Patterns

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Here are our target expressions:

1. I think the Philippine education system is pretty much the same as the American system.
      2. Even though I don’t remember so much about my high school education itself, I do remember all of the friends I’ve made.
      3. Good students want to know what they don’t know.
      4. What is the difference between the way children learn and the way adults learn?
      5. I wasn’t comfortable with English at first, but now I see the value of learning two languages.

Complete these paraphrases:

1. I think the Philippine education system is pretty much the same as the American system.

The Philippine ___________ system and the American education ___________ are more or less identical.

You could say that the two education ___________ – in the Philippines and in the ___________ – are pretty much the __________ .

2. Even though I don’t remember so much about my high school education itself, I do remember all of the friends I’ve made.

I really don’t ___________ much about my high school education. But I do remember all of the ___________ I’ve made.

The thing I remember most about my high school ___________ is all of the friends I’ve made. I’m sorry to say that I don’t actually ___________ much about the education itself.

3. I’d say those are the three main things that makes a good student: interest, determination, and a desire for self-knowledge.

In my opinion, there are three things that make a good ___________. Those three things are: interest, ___________, and a desire for self-knowledge.

Interest, ___________, and a desire for self-___________. In my view, those are the three main things that makes a good student.

4. Good students want to know what they don’t know.

If you want to be a good ___________, you have to try to find out what you ___________ know.

If you’re curious, you want to find out things that you don’t ___________ know. That ___________ is what makes you a good student.

5. What is the difference between the way children learn and the way adults learn?

Do you think there are any ___________ between the ways that children and adult ___________ learning?

How would you ___________ the differences between the way children learn and the way adults ___________?

6. I wasn’t comfortable with English at first, but now I see the value of learning two languages.

At the beginning, I wasn’t ___________ with English. Later though, I came to understand the value of learning a second ___________.

Although I wasn’t ___________ with English at first, I’ve now come to understand the ___________ of knowing a second language.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.