5 Ways to Say…Thank you!
These “5 Ways to Say…” lists will help you increase your fluency.
When you know more than one way to express an idea, you become more comfortable speaking the language.
Here are 5 Ways to say “Thank you!”
- Thanks! (Very easy, informal, friendly. In British English, you often hear “Cheers” as an informal thank you.)
- I appreciate it. (More personal, gives more information. You can add: I appreciate your (help, time, consideration, guidance)… I appreciate what you did.)
- Thanks so much. (More “effusive”. You can also say, “Thank you very much”, but this is quite formal.)
- That’s very nice of you. (More expressive. You can also say, “That’s very kind of you.”)
- You’re the best! (Very informal. You may also say, “You rock!”, which is even more informal.)
And of course you can combine these: Use more than one, like: Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. That’s very kind of you!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?