What to Expect when Teaching for YoliChat
- July 29, 2019
- Posted by: Tseg Mulugeta
- Category: Learning Platforms
As some of you may know, YoliChat is a program that allows students (primarily Chinese) to get on-demand English classes with native English speakers through WeChat, a Chinese messaging app.
In becoming a teacher with YoliChat, you gain access to one of the largest English-language learning market – China. While the application process is not difficult, it does take a bit of time. The application process can take a several days or even several weeks, depending on your pace. You’ll be asked to submit a video, answer a few questions, and go through some material to help you understand the Yoli approach to teaching English.
Here are the steps for applying to be a teacher on YoliChat:
- WeChat: Download WeChat on your phone, log in, and set your unique ID.
- Yoli Profile: Make a profile on yolichat.com and get PayPal if you don’t have it already.
- Video: Submit an application video.
- Questions: If your application is accepted, share a few things about yourself. For example: Why you want to be a Yoli teacher? How you found out about Yoli? What other platforms do you teach on?
- Training material: Watch a few videos about Yoli and study the documents.
- Quiz: Answer questions to test your knowledge of the training material.
- Demo: Teach a demo class. A member of Yoli’s American staff will mimic a poor English learner.
- Join: After receiving feedback and passing the demo, you can join the platform and will be added to a few groups such as the Teacher’s Lounge.
- Unpaid trial: Teach 12 unpaid classes.
- Teach and earn: After the probationary period, you’ll be a full-fledged Yoli teacher and required to take at least one lesson a month. You’ll get paid on the first of every month. Note that PayPal will deduct a transaction fee.
Learn more about teaching for YoliChat here: Teach English Online with Yoli Chat
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?