Do you already have a basic knowledge of English, but want to improve your ability to communicate in real-life situations? And do so in a fun, enjoyable way? Then Everyday English for ESL is just the course for you!
Each lesson begins with a fully-animated dialogue, which presents the vocabulary, grammar, and expressions you need to know in order to communicate successfully in English in a wide range of everyday situations.
The situations include:
- ordering food in a fast food restaurant
- checking-in at the airport
- making an appointment on the phone
- returning goods to a shop
The dialogue is presented with and without speech bubbles, and is followed by:
- a listen and repeat activity to help you improve your pronunciation and intonation
- a listening comprehension passage related to the topic of the lesson
- a series of questions for you to answer about the lesson topic
All the audio material has been recorded by professional voice actors with British or American accents, and each lesson comes with a ten-page downloadable PDF, which contains:
- a full transcript of the lesson
- language notes, explaining key grammar and vocabulary points
- a word list
- a series of language exercises
- a crossword,
- a word search puzzle
Several of these activities can also be done online, and the extra resources include Quizlet flashcard sets featuring the vocabulary used in each lesson.
At the end of the course, there’s a Final Quiz, to test what you have learnt.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!