To explore the topic of social media, consider these videos. They are an opportunity to hear natural speech and current ideas about this issue.
Learning with Social Issues
Videos about social issues great way to not only learn a language but also learn culture and colloquial terms. When watching these videos passively:
- Try to understand what’s going on.
- Get your ears used to the sound of the language.
- Try to become familiar with words and expressions that are repeated a lot.
When watching these videos actively, try the following:
- Listen to very small pieces of the video (a few seconds each) and write down what you hear.
- Listen several times until you can’t pick out anymore.
- Compare what you wrote against the subtitles.
- Look up new words in a dictionary and write them down so you can review them later.