In this courtroom drama, attorney Alicia Florrick finds herself forced to return to work after a scandal lands her politician husband in prison.
Learning with Television
Television is a great way to improve both your listening skills and your pronunciation. When watching TV passively:
- Try to understand what’s going on.
- Get your ears used to the sound of the language.
- Try to become familiar with words and expressions that are repeated a lot.
When watching TV actively, try the following:
- Listen to very small pieces of the show (a few seconds each) and write down what you hear.
- Listen several times until you can’t pick out anymore.
- Compare what you wrote against the subtitles.
- Look up new words in a dictionary and write them down so you can review them later.